The Government of India has been watching COVID-19 outbreak since the time the virus started spreading from the Wuhan city.
Besides various other measures, India has been issuing travel advisories from time to time.
Here are some important government notifications on COVID-19 travel advisory, from the latest issued on March 17, 2020, since February 26, 2020.
- To the latest, the government issued directives on ‘social distancing’ by means of Closure of all key establishments… (schools, universities etc.),…Read More
- In continuation to the travel advisory issued on March 11 and 16, 2020, the Government has prohibited travellers from Afghanistan, Philippines and Malaysia to India…Read More
- Expansion of quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days for passengers arriving from/transiting through UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Kuwait, from 1200 GMT on March 18, 2020…Read More
- Restriction of movement across the Indo-Bangladesh, Indo-Nepal, Indo-Bhutan and Indo-Myanmar borders…Read More
- Suspension of existing visas (diplomats, official, UN, Intl. Orgs., employment, project visas until April 15, 2020…Read More
- Directives to avoid non-essential travel abroad, especially to China, Italy, Iran, Korea, Japan, France, Spain and Germany…Read More
- Calling for ‘home isolation’, govt advised companies to allow work from home for employees with travel history of China, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, Japan, Italy, Thailand, Singapore, Iran, Malaysia, France, Spain and Germany…Read More
- Those requiring to travel to India due to compelling reasons may seek fresh visa from nearest Indian Embassy…Read More
- Passengers traveling from /having visited Italy or Republic of Korea and desirous of entering India will need certificate of having tested negative for COVID-19…Read More
- People may contact on Ministry of Health & Family Welfare 24*7 helpline number (+91-11-23978046) or email at (firstname.lastname@example.org)…Read More
Stay tuned to Indianera for more updates about Coronavirus and other trending news stories!
More COVID-19 News:
- Coronavirus Updates: Asia on High Alert, India Issues Strict Directives!
- Coronavirus Fears in India, Pharma Exports Take Halt!
- Coronavirus Spread: Import Risk for 10 Nations, India 17th Globally
- Coronavirus Outbreak: More than 20,000 in China Alone, ‘Likely a Pandemic’!
- Coronavirus Alert! World Nations React to ‘Global Health Emergency’