This page covers all important live updates, government notifications, celebrity and political quotes, key press releases, etc., related to the Indian economy in view of the economic slowdown that made to the top headlines over the period.
Here it goes…
- “Modi and his dream team of economic advisors have literally turned the economy around. Earlier: GDP: 7.5%, Inflation: 3.5%. Now: GDP: 3.5, Inflation: 7.5%,” Rahul Gandhi, Indian National Congress. “The PM and FM have absolutely no idea what to do next,
- India’s Top 10% People Hold 77.4% of National Wealth
- Given the size of the Indian economy in the global GDP right now, if you have a significant downward revision for India, then it does have an impact on global growth so we revised global growth down for 2019 by 0.1% and the vast majority of that comes from the downgrade for India,” Gita Gopinath, Chief Economist, IMF
- The strong absorbent capacity of the Indian economy shows the strength of basic fundamentals of the Indian economy and its capacity to bounce back. PM Narendra Modi
- “Export growth slowed sharply as world trade stagnated, while investment fell victim to a homegrown Balance Sheet crisis, which came in two waves,” says Arvind Subramanian, former Chief Economic Advisor, GoI
IndianEra News Coverage
- India To Be World’s Top-3 World Economy by 2025: Minister
- India 5th Largest Globally For ‘GDP At Current Prices’
- India Union Budget 2020-21
- ‘India’s Downward Trend Impacting Global Growth’
- Food Prices Take India Inflation To 5-year-high
- World Economy On ‘Synchronized Slowdown’, India Among Risk-Takers!
- India GDP Towards 11-year-low in FY 2019-20
- PM To Hold Meeting With Top Economists!
- PM Urges India Inc. for Economic Growth, Job Creation
- GST Revenue Collections Surpass Rs 1-Lakh Crore
- India’s Consumer Confidence to 5-year-Low in 2019: RBI
- Indian State-run Banks See USD 13 Bn Worth Frauds in 6 Months
- India GDP Forecasts At As Low As 4.2%: Economists
- Indian Realty Sector Gets Rs 25,000 Cr Relief; Will That Suffice?
- ‘Global Economic Outlook Strongly Dependent on India’
- India Plans USD 1.4 Tn Spending for Infra Development
- Despite IMF Forecast, India Growing Fastest: Finance Minister
- Bangladesh, Nepal To Surpass India’s GDP Growth in FY 2019
- Global Competitive Index 2019: India ‘Lowest’ in BRICS
- Progresses in World Bank’s ‘Doing Business Index 2020’ for 3rd Time
- Global Hunger Index 2019: India Behind Bangla, Nepal and Pak
- Indian Industrial Production in Sep’19 At 7-Year-Low
- Indian Auto Industry: A Million Jobs Under Question, Where’s It Headed Towards?