The COVID-19 Lockdown 2.0 is live now in India, nation-wide.
Continuing the pitch on measures like social distancing and self-isolation, the second phase of the lockdown is going to be further serious on containing the disease outbreak.
As the Health Ministry says, the Phase-2 lockdown will concentrate more on controlling the spread from affected to newer regions.
It takes at least around a month time with ‘zero case’ reporting to ensure the complete control of disease spread in a particular region.
“We believe that the disease spread has stopped in an area if there is no new case for 28 days,” says Luv Agarwal, Joint Health Secretary.
Speaking on the extension until May 03, 2020, the official said the focus during this period will be on breaking the transmission chain and promote behavioral changes required to combat the virus.
Till date, the virus has spread to around 380 out of 732 districts of the country.
Showing the progress, 25 of these districts which earlier reported positive cases have seen no coronavirus positive cases in the last 14 days.
Maharashtra, the state with highest number of cases, has reported a decline in fatality rate from previous rate of 6.55 percent to 6.37 percent currently.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan reported its biggest single-day toll of 108.
More COVID News:
- COVID-19 ‘Lockdown 2.0’ Triggers Migrant Protests Across India
- COVID-19 India: #StaySafe and #StayAlert with ‘Arogya Setu’ App!
- PM Modi Live Highlights: COVID-19 India Lockdown Extension, 7-Point Guidelines & More!
- COVID-19 India: Positive Cases @ 10,000 Mark, Postal Service Extends Helping Hand!
- COVID-19 India: Hiring, Productivity Top Challenge for Firms!