Shocking, yet real!
The whole world is currently facing the intense of Coronavirus outbreak, with more than 3 lakh people infected globally in 192 countries.
Spreading from China’s Wuhan, the virus started showing its severity in Europe and US regions.
While, the European nations like Italy, UK, among others have suffered badly because of the virus outbreak.
Continuing till date, Italy has been reporting the worst-ever condition with rapidly-rising #coronavirus infections and death fatalities with each passing day.
Now, all eyes are on how India is tackling the outbreak, given its huge population with high population density.
Surprisingly, Italy has emerged as the key destination for Indians, after UK, as the second EU country with the highest number of Indians.
As the reports say, around 200,000 Indians including students resided in Italy at the time of #coronavirusoutbreak.
To the latest, India has brought back 263 Indians from Rome on March 22, 2020.
“Many Indians have chosen to set up companies in Lombardia which is the financial capital of Italy with a high per capita income,” says Kurup, an Indian community leader and president of the Indian Association of Northern Italy, who has been reaching out to the Indian diaspora amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Over the period, many Indian students from tier-1 cities have also chosen Italy for their career opportunities across various universities,
Given this high number of Indians in Italy, now it’s a challenge for India as to how it will safeguard its citizens, either through measures there or by evacuating them .
This is definitely a serious concern considering Italy’s current situation backed by more than 5,000 corona dead cases with 600+ fatalities reported in a single day on March 22, 2020.
Stay tuned to Indianera for more updates on Coronavirus and other India-related news stories!
More COVID-19 Stories :
- COVID-19: After #JanataCurfew, India Continues ‘Lockdown’ Until Mar 31
- COVID-19 India: ‘No’ To Cash, Govt Promotes ‘Digital Payments’!
- COVID-19: Government of India Travel Advisory
- COVID-19 Cases in India: “10 Times Higher by April 15,”
- Coronavirus Alert! World Nations React to ‘Global Health Emergency’
- Coronavirus Updates: Asia on High Alert, India Issues Strict Directives!
- Holding Your ‘Smart Phone’ Unclean? Beware of Coronavirus!
- Coronavirus Spread: Import Risk for 10 Nations, India 17th Globally